C Cost Plus World Market is a chain of specialty/import retail stores selling home furniture, decor, curtains, rugs, gifts, apparel, coffee, wine, craft beer, and several international food products. The brand’s name originated from the initial concept, since abandoned, of selling items for “cost plus 10%”. Smarketors engaged with Cost Plus to help define a strategic roadmap for optimizing email programs.
- Outline changes to operational processes to enable more personalized email campaigns.
- Identify areas to reduce costs for email program management
- Evaluate strategic resource requirements to support email program management & related email marketing technologies
- Audit of the entire marketing campaign lifecycle & marketing technologies
- Customer Segmentation & Market Analysis
- Evaluate how to incorporate behaviors in building customer segments
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the vendors providing all the services to support the marketing campaign process
- Provided recommendations to improve the relationship with the vendors, including changes in resource allocation
- Issued RFP to identify agencies to provide a superior level of professional services for email execution
- Proposed areas of efficiencies and improvements to that would result in a 25% decrease in budget, re-allocate savings into strategic areas